|Baggage Information||Prohibited Items Onboard||Carry On Baggage||Entry/Transit HK and Macao Notes|
|Check In||Boarding||Transportation Items||Special Arrangement|
※ Check-in Baggage
|Class||Free Baggage Allowance|
The maximum dimension of the checked baggage is 158cm (62in) (Height+ Width+ Length), for the oversized special checked baggage (e.g. sports equipment, etc.), please make an application in advance.
Each individual piece of checked baggage shall not exceed the weight of 32 kg (70lb), Air Macau may refuse of carriage for the overweight checked baggage which cannot be packed separately.
※ Cabin Baggage
Cabin Baggage is restricted to 1 piece per passenger only, with maximum weight of 7 kg. Maximum dimension must not exceed 56 cm x 36 cm x 23 cm.
In addition, passengers may allowed to carry onboard the following items for free :
- A small briefcase, handbag, or backpack.
- An umbrella, walking stick or crutches.
- An overcoat or shawl.
- A small camera or a pair of binoculars.
- A laptop or notebook that under 4 kg or 9 lbs in weight (including case and accessories).
- A infant bassinet or cot (that can fit on fold down shelves and can be properly secured).
- Infant food and nappies (for consumption in flight).
- A collapsible pushchair (if cabin stowage is available)
* NOTE : Baby buggies and adult wheelchairs must be checked-in as hold baggage.
- Reading publication.
- Duty free items.
※ Excess Baggage Charge
The calculation of excess baggage please refer to【Excess Baggage Charge】for more details.
Passenger is required to check- in at least two hours before flight departure. The check- in counter will be closed 40 minutes before flight departure time.
* According to Beijing Airport Authority, check-in counters for flights departing from Beijing Terminal 3 shall be closed one hour before the Schedule Time of Departure. Passengers may proceed to Airport for check-in in advance to avoid missing your flight.
* According to Hangzhou Xiaoshan Airport Authority, check-in counters for flights departing from Hangzhou shall be closed 45 minutes before the Schedule Time of Departure. Passengers may proceed to Airport for check-in in advance to avoid missing your flight.
* According to Pudong Airport Authority, check-in counters for flights departing from Pudong Terminal 2 shall be closed 50 minutes before the Schedule Time of Departure. Passengers may proceed to Airport for check-in in advance to avoid missing your flight.
Passengers are required to proceed to Immigration and security checkpoint immediately after check-in.
Passengers shall arrive at boarding gate for boarding at least 30 minutes before departure time.
Boarding gate closes 10 minutes before departure.
Late show passengers may not be allowed to board.
There’re 4 kinds of Special Assistance provided by Air Macau :
- Unaccompanied Children and Minors (Special ticket is required, please refer to Ticketing Office of Air Macau)
- Passenger who needs stretcher arrangement (Special ticket is required, please refer to Ticketing Office of Air Macau)
- Disability Passenger
- Pregnant Woman
※ Unaccompanied Children and Minors
|Age of child||Limitation|
|Children aged under 5 years
(do not up to 5th birthday)
|It's not permitted to travel without accompany by an adult.|
|Children aged 5 to under 12 years
(and up to 5th birthday)
|Travelling alone is accepted, but must be escorted by parent/guardian upon flight departure and arrival airport.|
|Passenger aged 12 to under 18 years||Travel alone without accompany is permitted.|
- Children passengers who require unaccompanied minor (UM) service must be booked from Reservations and Ticketing Office of Air Macau at least 7 working days in advance for appropriate arrangements and services.
- Passenger will be required to provide the contact message of escort parent/guardian on both departure and arrival point (such as name, relationship, address, phone number and fax number etc.)
- When hand over the unaccompanied minor (UM) passenger, the escort parent/guardian will be required to provide appropriate document as certification.
- Every adult passenger (aged up to 18 years) is permitted to travel with 2 children aged under 5 years or one infant.
※ Stretcher Arrangement
- Every flight can only be allowed to have one stretcher case and can only be arranged on the economy class.
- Stretcher requirement must be booked from Reservations and Ticketing Office of Air Macau at least 7 working days in advance.
- If the medical care is needed upon the destination, passenger must confirm the requirement before flight departure.
- Stretcher passenger is required to travel with a doctor or a family companion.
- Stretcher passenger will be required to submit the medical certificate from local hospital.
※ Disability Assistance
A. Wheelchair Arrangement
Wheelchair for Disability Passenger
- Can walk within a short distance, can up and down stairs (no limitation of travel with companion)
- Can not walk by self (It is required of medical certificate and at lease travel with one healthy companion).
Wheelchair provided by Air Macau
Following the requirement of passenger, the wheelchair can be served by Air Macau from check-in counter to the door side of the aircraft or the seat of Cabin.
Wheelchair prepared by passenger
- It is free for every disability passenger to bring along with one wheelchair (including of electronic powered wheelchair).
- Wheelchair (including of electronic powered wheelchair) can only carry as checked baggage in the cargo compartment.
- For the safety reason, we only accept electronic powered wheelchair of Lithiumion battery and dry battery.
The Lithiumion battery must be took out and the electrode must be insulated to avoid short circuit, separated pack and bring by carry-on baggage.
For the removable dry battery, it must be removed; for the non-removable dry battery, the battery terminals must be protected from short circuits and the electrical circuits of the wheelchair must be inhibited. The dry battery shall be securely attached to the wheelchair and protected from damage then be treated as checked baggage.
- Passenger is required to submit the requirement of check-in electronic powered wheelchair to the airport office or local town office of Air Macau at least 3 days prior to departure date. The content of the information: provide the type, brand, model and power of electronic powered wheelchair etc.
- Wheelchair and other supplementary device must be packed very carefully to avoid damage during deliver process. Suggested passenger to prepare own suitable bag for the checked baggage of wheelchair.
For the safety reason, Air Macau delivered the electronic powered wheelchair is following the regulation of IATA, the process of Dangerous Goods. For wheelchair using lithium batteries, the United Nations (UN) test document for the lithiumion batteries meeting the requirement as specified in the UN Manual of Tests and Criteria, Part III Section 38.3.
Lithiumion Batteries Notes must be disassembled Batteries must be took out and bring as carry-on baggage. The electrode of batteries must be insulated to avoid short circuit
(e.g. To tag the electrode by using adhesive tape)
The batteries must be protected carefully to avoid damage. e.g. could be packed separately. The watt-hour rating of batteries is limited under 300 watt-hour. The maximum allowance : 1 piece within 300 watt-hour or 2 pieces, each piece within 160 watt-hour.
The limitation of wheelchair
- The allowance of wheelchair passenger is 6 on each flight.
- To meet the limitation of wheelchair service, we suggested to submit the wheelchair requirement as soon as possible.
B. Passenger with visual and hearing impairment
Air Macau provides suitable and appropriate service to passenger with visual and hearing impairment, which including of the guidance after check-in, special seat assignment, assistance during the flight and the delivery of guide dog.
Passenger with visual and hearing impairment – travel alone (no companion)
- The allowance of visual and hearing impairment passenger is 2 on each flight.
- Passenger who needs the service of visual and hearing impairment must submit the requirement prior to departure date.
- The guidance of airport ground staff will lead the passenger after check-in until on-board the flight. After flight arrival, the service will extend to help passenger process the enter formality.
- After received the requirement of visual and hearing impairment service, the seat assignment will be the front and aisle which close to the flight attendant.
- The service during the flight, including of the guidance of having meal, go to the toilet etc. But, it is excluded of assist passenger to have meal and use toilet. And, except the emergence first aid and care to the sick passenger, the flight attendance will not provide any medical behavior and medicine formula.
Passenger with visual and hearing impairment – travel with companion
- The allowance of visual and hearing impairment passenger is no limitation.
- For the safety reason, the number of passenger with visual and hearing impairment should balance with the number of companion, or who should be treated as travel with no companion and the limitation will be 2 Passengers on each flight.
- Air Macau provides free service of bring guide dog for passenger with visual and hearing impairment.
- The guide dog should have professional training of assist the visual and hearing impairment passenger. The qualification certificate should be needed and registered.
- The delivery of guide dog is the same with other animals, the size of cage should be suitable and firmed which will be packed and put in the cargo compartment.
- Due to the limitation of carry guide dog by the different aircraft type. Passenger requires the service of guide dog should be submit to Air Macau as soon as possible and Air Macau reserved the right to accept or not.
- Every country has it’s regulation in animal importation/exportation/trans-shipment, the related information and document should be prepared.
- The Bureau of Animal and Plant Health Inspection and Quarantine (BAPHIQ), Council of Agriculture, Executive Yuan, Telephone : (02)2343-1401 Website : https://www.baphiq.gov.tw/
- The quarantine certificate should be granted when required animal import to Macau, License for Import of Live Animals : Telephone : (853)2833-7676 Website : http://www.iacm.gov.mo/
※ Pregnant Women
(to the estimated date of delivery)
|Acceptable or Not Acceptable
(for having flight)
|Singleton Progressing normally without complications.||up to 28 weeks||Acceptable|
|after 29 and under 36 weeks||Acceptable required for the medical certification|
|after 36 weeks||Not Acceptable|
|Multiple Births Progressing normally without complications.||up to 28 weeks||Acceptable|
|after 29 and under 32 weeks||Acceptable required for the medical certification|
|after 32 weeks||Not Acceptable|
|Complicated Pregnancies||The medical certification is granted.
Air Macau reserved the right to accept or not.
|After Delivery / New Born Baby||7 days after delivery||Acceptable|
|7 days within delivery||Not Acceptable|
- The medical certification must be issued by qualified doctor, the following points are required :
- The information of pregnant women, such as Name, Age, Singleton, Multiple Births, the estimated date of delivery.
- The body situation of pregnant women : good healthy, normally, without complicated, suitable for fly.
- Arrangement of Itinerary : flight, date, transit during fly, any medication or special assistant during the fly.
- The written should be cleared and write in local characters or English, and sealed by doctor and hospital.
- The pregnant women should prepare the medical certification. Air Macau reserved the right to refuse the pregnant women on board if there’s no medical certification on hold.
- Any further inquiries, please refer to the Reservations/Ticketing Office of Air Macau.
|Advice to International Passengers on Limitation of Liability|
|Passenger on a journey involving an ultimate destination or a stop in a country other than the country of origin are advised that the provisions of a treaty known as the Warsaw Convention may be applicable to the entire journey, including any portion entirely within the country of origin or destination. For such passenger on a journey to, from or with an agreed stopping place in the United Stated of America, the convention and special contracts of carriage embodied in applicable tariffs provide that the liability of certain carriers, parties to such special contracts, for death of personal injury to passenger is limited in most cases to proven damages not to exceed US$75,000 per passenger, and that this liability up to such limit shall not depend on negligence on the part of the carrier. For such passengers traveling by carrier not a party to such special contracts or on a journey not to , from, or having an agreed stopping place in the United Stated of America, liability of the carrier for death or personal injury to passengers is limited in most cases to approximately US$10,000 or US$20,000. The names of carriers, parties to such special contract, are available at all ticket office of such carriers and may be examined on request. Additional protection can usually be obtained by purchasing insurance from a private company. Such insurance is not affected by any limitation of the carrier's liability under the Warsaw Convention or such special contracts of carrier. For further information please consult your airline or insurance company representative.
Note：The limit of liability of US$75,000 above is inclusive of legal fees and costs except that in case of a claim brought in a state where provision is made for separate award of legal fees and cost, the limit shall be the sum of US$58,000 exclusive of legal fees and costs.
|Notice of Baggage Liability Limitations|
|For most international travel (including domestic portions of international journeys) liability for loss, delay, or damage to baggage is limited to approximately $20.00 per kilo for checked baggage and $400 per passenger for unchecked baggage unless a higher value is declared in advance and additional charges are paid. For domestic travel wholly between US points, federal rules require any limit on a carriers baggage liability to be at least US$1,250 per passenger. Excess valuation may not be declared on certain types of valuable articles. Carriers assume no liability for fragile or perishable articles. Further information may be obtained from the carrier.|